Thursday, March 4, 2010

Earthquake Drill

Today we had an earthquake drill. Sorry these pictures are backwards but for some reason now I can't move them around. First we ducked and covered, then we came outside and lined up while people checked the building to make sure it was safe to go back in. The kids all did a wonderful job. They were quiet and didn't run.
Here we are ducking and covering under our desks. Doesn't this look like fun? They were all pretty good at this too.






It was a fun drill. Glad it wasn't a real one!!!

5 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

These remind me of the drills we use to have in elementary school, and it wasn't for earthquakes. I think they were bomb drills. They use to really scare me. But earthquake drills are so important, and so likely we will need.

Robin said...

I remember the drills at Vinland in the 60s, they would put a name tag around our neck hanging from yarn and tell us to go straight home.
Those were the days...

Susan said...

Always good to be prepared.

Gina said...

hi - just stumbled upon your blog, and i really like it! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought everything was going to rumble. SI