Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Good 1st Grader Is Always Prepared

A good 1st grader knows that you have to always be prepared for an emergency. So, we had an earthquake drill. It was fun.
The kids ducked and covered under their desks.
Then we went outside where it was safe. We waited until it was safe to go back in. The sun was a little bright that day.
This was not part of the drill. This is another thing. We had a Science lesson about gases and we learned that air is a gas and that air can change it size and shape. These are the winners of our catch the balloon when the gas/air is coming out of it. We all had a good time.

post signature

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I didn't realize they still got under their desks for earthquake practices. For some reason I thought they quit doing that and prepared a different way. I remember doing that as a child.

Uncle Tom said...

Karen will protect her students from any disaster. She is the greatest.