Monday, February 22, 2010

They're Baaack!

Well, we are all back in school now after a lovely week off. They all came back today except 1 girl. I don't know if she is sick or just taking an extra vacation. Anyway, nobody missed a beat today. Here is what happened. A girl came to me during class and said her nose was bleeding. I sent her to the office. She is okay. I had to take away 2 super balls and 1 harmonica. The principal interrupted the class with a big long announcement about how someone stole the rubber bridge off of the big toy and that we couldn't go on it until further notice. Because of that we were going to get more playground balls and more jump ropes. After lunch a little boy threw up. I called the office for a clean up and sent the little boy to the office. He went home. Hope he is okay. Doesn't this sound exciting? Don't you wish you had my job? I think I need another week off!!!!

On the brighter side, the kids were all happy to see me and I got lots of hugs. Makes it all worth it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotty said he wants Clorox wipes to take in for his desk tomorrow from the throw up - so funny.

Grandma Honey said...

Sounds like a great day to me...except for the one who got sick. I don't know why, but I like life's interruptions the best...usually. Not always :)

I want to hear more...

Uncle Tom said...

If I were in Karen's class I would give her a hug, too.

Uncle Tom said...

Hello Mrs. Mortensen - from your secret admirer.

Susan Rozier said...

I think the saying "All in a day's work" is appropriate here. I truly admire teachers. Thanks for sharing. Fondly, Susan