Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Very Pleasant Surprise

Today, towards the end of the day, one of my fellow teachers came knocking at my door. This other person was with her and I really didn't know who he was or why he was with her. Then she asked me if I recognized who this was. Oh, no. I stood there for a minute thinking and then I realized who it was. It was Frank. He is a former student I had when I taught 1st grade one year. It was the 1997-1998 school year. He is now 19 and is going to go to Moorehouse College in the fall. Good for him.

Here is the class that Frank was in back in 1997-1998. Can you find him? He is in the front row, 4th one from the left.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you got that up fast! I only recognize a few other kids from the picture: Michael, Reaonte, and Diona.
Kim

Uncle Tom said...

What a great tribute from a former student of many years ago to his 1st grade teacher. Mrs. Mortensen deserves "teacher of the year" - she is the greatest. What a pro. Her students are so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Frank was nice to everybody in the whole class. I want to come back to see Mrs. Mortensen when I am a teenager. JB

Anonymous said...

He told me he works at Chuck E. Cheese. When I go there I am going to find him. SI

Anonymous said...

Frank was really nice to me. MR

Kris said...

Oh wow!!! That is just the coolest! I can't think of a better tribute to a wonderful teacher than to have a former student return after all those years. Tom said it perfectly.

Grandma Honey said...

Oh you must be so proud! What a tribute to you! He looks so HAPPY to be with his 1st grade teacher again.

Anonymous said...

Frank was nice and he is a good friend. DH.

Karen Mortensen said...

It was good to see an old 1st grade student of Mrs. Mortensen's. JH